Saturday, June 7, 2008

It's been a while

Wow I haven't posted in over a month! I guess that happens when you're busy with a full time job and chasing after a 2 yr old! Ryder has been doing very well. His scar from the surgery is looking really good. He is on 2 different antibiotics twice a day and he will take them for at least 3 more months. Oh I should probably say that he did have that atypical mycobacterial infection in his lymph node. They've been culturing it for over a month and it looks like it was a strong one, but the Dr. thinks we have him on the right medication. He takes something called rifampin, which is mostly used for tuberculosis but they also use it for this bacteria, well anyway this med makes his bodily fluids turn red or orange. It's funny to watch him when he goes potty in the toilet and his pee comes out red, he looks at me and asks pee pee? his snot is orange sometimes too. it's kind of creepy.
I will post pictures when I get home. I am working for Pointe Pest control today with Marc, since his office manager is sick. My sister Elsie just had her third child and her name is Chloe. She is the cutest little thing. She weighed 7 lbs 13 oz which is the same her other 2 kids weighed when they were born. We were all surprised.
A lot has happened this month, I'll have to post pictures and write a little bit about each one. I hope I can do this tonight, if I have time!

1 comment:

Cory said...

ooooh. red pee and orange snot? that's interesting. it's amazing what colors our bodily fliuds can be when we're on weird medicine!!